Friday, October 14, 2011

Insulin-like growth factor-I gene polymorphism in acne vulgaris

Abstract

Background  Acne vulgaris is a multifactorial disease of the skin. Several studies have shown that elevated levels of serum insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) correlate with overproduction of sebum and acne. Recently functional relationship between IGF-I (CA) polymorphism and circulating IGF-I levels in adults has been reported.


Aims  The aim of our study was to investigate for the first time whether IGF-I (CA) polymorphism might be involved in the pathogenesis of acne or not.


Methods  We included 115 acne patients and 117 healthy subjects to the study. The clinical grade of acne was ...

Insulin-like growth factor-I gene polymorphism in acne vulgaris is a post from: Skincare




Insulin-like growth factor-I gene polymorphism in acne vulgaris via BuzzBlazer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment